The basic characteristic of double top Koumridis guitars is the volume and the sustain combined with melodic creamy trebles and deep basses. Double tops are made with nomex core and cedar. The projection and the almost endless limits of volume of this instrument makes it to resemble more to a piano than a guitar. The play-ability of these instruments is at the highest level and even normal tension strings produce deep and full sound. maybe they are the ideal instruments for someone who seeks a concert instrument with high volume and pure classical guitar sound.
- Western Red Cedar double-top with nomex core
- 650mm scale length, 20 frets
- Cocobolo or Madagascar rosewood back and sides
- Elevated fingerboard
- Spanish cedar neck, Ebony Fingerboard
- Ebony bar neck reinforcement
- Bridge : Indian Rosewood Tie block: 12-hole type
- Finished with Shellac French-polish.
- Alessi tuning machines
- Weighs approximately 2200gr.
- Action height at 12th fret: 1st string – 2.7 mm 6th string – 3.7 mm;
- Neck thickness: 1st fret – 21.5 mm ,9th fret – 23,5 mm
- Total length: 99,8 cm
- Body length: 48.4 cm
- Body width – upper bout: 28 cm
- Body width – waist: 23.9 cm
- Body width – lower bout: 37.0 cm
- Body depth increasing from 9.3 cm to 10.8 cm